Did you know that if a fire starts in your home you may have as little as two minutes to escape? During a fire, early warning from a working smoke alarm plus a fire escape plan that has been practiced regularly can save lives. Learn what else to do to keep your loved ones safe!
Emergency Restoration Services LLC provides both fire prevention system installation and fire damage restoration services in Hampton Roads & Virginia Beach, VA.
Top Tips for Fire Safety in Norfolk, VA
- Install smoke alarms throughout your home, including bedrooms & outside sleeping areas.
- Know all of your emergency and fire prevention numbers.
- Test smoke alarms every month. If they’re not working, change the batteries.
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP.
Actions to Prevent a Fire Accident in Virginia
Here are some basic but very useful measures that when used can, prevent a fire accident from occurring at your property:
- Use candles carefully and never without supervision.
- Keep your grills away from home. Never keep a propane tank inside your house with a barbeque, as it could be hazardous.
- Smoke and CO detectors should alert you to a life-threatening situation. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, tasteless gas that is the most common lethal result of fire.
- Indoor smoking could be fatal, and it is not permissible. A little act of negligence could cause a devastating fire.
Choose Us for Fire Prevention Services in Virginia Beach, Tidewater, & Norfolk
Emergency Restoration Services provides cutting-edge mold removal and water & fire damage restoration services throughout the Hampton Roads area. With years of experience in a variety of project environments, Emergency Restoration Services offers both residential and commercial mold remediation solutions and other restoration services. Regardless of the scope of the damage, our crew will resolve any issues with mold, water, or fire damage. To learn more, call us at 757-775-6911 or click here to make an appointment today for services in Newport News, Virginia Beach, Hampton, Chesapeake, Norfolk, and throughout our Hampton Roads service area.